Thanks to all who generously participated in my last survey, "Health Into The Future". Here are the results.
Male under 40
Male over 40
Female under 40
Female over 40
Here's what they had to say:
1. Have you ever given thought to your health and mobility 20 years into the
2. Have you ever considered the fact that one day to you would need long term
3. Do you choose your foods with the understanding that nutrition may have an impact
on your long-term health?
I am aware of the value of nutrition and eat healthy foods most of the
I do not pay attention to the nutrition content in foods
4. In a typical week, how many times do you exercise?
Among 29 participants who answered this question: 3/29 - 0 days, 1/29 - not enough,
5/29 - 2 days, 6/29 -3 days, 7/29 - 4 days, 4/29 - 5 days, 1/29 - 7 days, 2/29
- 7 days (a little), 7 days (short duration workouts)
(LO comments- Based on the different responses it is evident that those who are
exercising regularly have differing routines. Some exercise everyday for
shorter periods, while others exercise a few times a week hitting it a little
harder—whatever works and is enjoyable becomes your way of life. Those who are
not exercising at all- if your endurance is low or you just do not enjoy
exercise even small and moderate amounts of daily physical activity lead tom improved health. It does not have to be structured, but you need to move your body.
6. Do you think of your long term health when you exercise?
7. Do you eat food for improved mental function?
8. Do you drink diet soda?
9. How much water do you drink?
One 8 oz. cup per day
Two-Three 8 Oz. cups per day
Four to Six 8 Oz. cups per day
At least Eight 8 Oz. cups per day
10. Do you eat white or whole grain bread on a regular basis?
Mostly white bread
Mostly whole grain bread