I saw on the news last night that VP Joe Biden's 41 year old son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, suffered a Stroke. According to reports he is going to recover, which is excellent news!
Would you recognize the signs if you or someone you know was having a stroke?
A Stroke, also known as a brain attack , happens when the arteries leading to the brain are blocked or rupture. It is a medical emergency and can cause permanent neurological damage and death. If you suspect that you or another is having a stroke call 9-1-1 immediately.
Today I received a newsletter from the American Heart Association declaring May to be American Stroke Month. I am helping to spread the word:
May is American Stroke Month. Help spread the word.
Call 9-1-1 immediately and say "I think this is a stroke" if you or someone else has any of these stroke warning signs:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Today, in addition to learning the stroke warning signs, you can help educate your community by encouraging our elected official to spread the word during American Stroke Month.
Help encourage the lawmakers to spread the word!
Stroke. You're the Cure